Pages

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love. ~Author Unknown

Friday, August 20, 2010

Loss, then something more enjoyable

**I don't always intend for this blog to be so serious, by the way. It's just that a lot of serious things are happening right now and I am forming thoughts about them on my own for the first time.**

I guess I never did blog about last weekend, and now this weekend is upon me instead. For my family, this week has been a roller coaster. Loss will do that to you, I suppose, since everyone deals with it differently. Some like to stay busy, making plans and following through with previous commitments. Others need time just to sit and absorb what has become their new truth, while still others cope by sitting with those people and holding their hand, if just to feel like they have a purpose within the madness.



Stop the madness!

Tragedy can bring out the best and the worst in people, I guess. It can be inspiring and disheartening all in one breath. And this does lead to a whirlwind of emotions that leaves you lost and squinting and out of air. The human spirit is resilient, though, and after a while, life twists you back into a sense of normality, even if you're never quite the same after learning what you have.

That being said, I have trouble imagining what loss would be like without believing in God. There are times that I have literally prayed to feel as safe and peaceful as if I'd crawled up in God's lap. He is comfort and love and wisdom in times of sadness.



(One of my goals is to learn to better articulate the way that I love God, and the way that He loves us. I guess that is a subject for another post, though. )


On a lighter note- what about the weekend? Well, tonight Dillon and I have game night and dinner with some of our friends. It is so nice to have couple friends to hang out with. It is something I have truly underestimated in the past, and something I never want to be without now, wherever we end up. Tomorrow is the funeral and then MPA orientation at UNT. I registered for my classes yesterday, finally, and they are going to be fantastic. My first one is next Thursday.

This is what I'm supposed to chant now.

These plans are all stemming from the (false?) hope that I will in fact make it through the day without being killed by the bouncy, aggressive, disgusting crickets that are infesting our office once again.


We'll see, crickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment