Pages

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love. ~Author Unknown

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Let's get this straight...

The title of this blog is totally theoretical.

In no way am I a seamstress, professional OR by hobby. I have, sadly, been out-crocheted many times over by my little sister (who I'm sure, one day, will have her own money-raking Etsy website because she's just THAT creative). This is not a blog that will chronicle my journey into quilting or where you'll see weekly updates of my latest fabrics.

I just like the idea of life as a quilt. I even googled "quotes about quilts" and found the saying that is at the top of the page, just to drive home what my point really is with that title.

I guess it's interesting when you start to grow up. You look back on what you thought your experiences were and a lot of times you see something different. A major disappointment was a huge blessing in disguise. Something that broke you in the moment made you strong for someone else down the road. A kind gesture shaped the way you now look to be treated, or the way you strive to treat others.

Maybe that's why I'm deciding to take the time to write about the moments in my own life again. A lot is happening right now that I'd like to be able to look back on, because maybe I can learn from this stuff later on the way that I'm learning from my past right now.

When I say "a lot is happening," it's just that I have a few of what the insurance companies deem "major life events" coming up here in the next year-ish. I'm starting graduate school in two weeks and that will be my new reality for the next year and a half. I'm moving in three weeks to a new little town I've never lived in, although it isn't far from where I went to college. I just took a program coordinator position at TWU, which means my career is actually beginning. And most importantly, I'm getting married in November.

See why I need to keep a blog to document the process of adding these new patches to my life's quilt? We ARE all stitched lovingly together. Each moment is significant.

No comments:

Post a Comment